Text

Answered

Custom JIIX - Smartguide View

Hi All,

Currently Smartguide View shows me options for every word that I write.

Is it possible that after I have written a word, and myscript recognizes the word using 

jiixString = editor.export_(block, MimeType.JIIX, conf);

Can i replace the words that Myscript provides as candidates with my custom list of words?

Piyush

Best Answer

Dear Piyush,

currently, the only way to add text would consist in calling the import function with the TEXT MimeType. But it is likely it will not answer your use-case, as you will lose the stroke information.

I recommend you give a try with the TEXT MimeType, and see if it helps, but it it not likely it will. I am afraid we have no way to answer your use-case, which seems like a completion.

Best regards,

Olivier

to add that this custom list of words may not be from the candidates provided by Myscript

Dear Piyush,

thank you for contacting us.

If I understand well, you would like to add your own words in the "smartGuide" when these are not in the list?

Currently, this would mean that they are not part of the candidate list in the JJIX export. In that case, trying to import words not in the candidate list will raise an exception: https://developer-support.myscript.com/support/discussions/topics/16000025264

Nevertheless, I am a bit puzzled, as if your lexicon is added to your configuration and the word properly written, if not the "selected label", at least the word should be in the candidate list. Can you confirm the lexicon has been properly added to the configuration?

Best regards,

Olivier

Dear Olivier, 

Our use case is such that when the user has lets say written 4 characters

e.g. 

Piyu

Since Piyu is therein the lexicon the Smartguide recognizes Piyu correctly

However I want to display Piyush in the Smartguide view. Lets assume that I am able to get the full word "Piyush" through some API.

Is this possible?

Piyush

Hi Olivier,

I was able to get this working if i use a single word

for e.g. it works for "Piyush". It also works for "Piyush-Agarwal".

However I get an exception when it is broken into multiple words "Piyush Agarwal"

I used the below function inside class SmartGuideView to inject my candidates.

public void onClick(View v)

On selecting a candidate, I import it into the editorView.

However i get an exception in the method updateWord when the method calls

editor.import_(MimeType.JIIX, jiixString, block);

Regards,

Piyush 

Answer

Dear Piyush,

currently, the only way to add text would consist in calling the import function with the TEXT MimeType. But it is likely it will not answer your use-case, as you will lose the stroke information.

I recommend you give a try with the TEXT MimeType, and see if it helps, but it it not likely it will. I am afraid we have no way to answer your use-case, which seems like a completion.

Best regards,

Olivier