Text

Answered

How to get text iOS

When i draw the "A" letter can i get that text  after recognition for show in my custom UITEXTVIEW in iOS SDK?

Best Answer

Dear Kannan,

did you try changing the font-size parameter: https://developer-support.myscript.com/support/discussions/topics/16000026063 ?

Let us know if this helps.

Best regards,

Olivier

Dear kannan,

The "could not create block at (x,y)" error message means there is not enough space to add the block.

Basically, if trying to add it, you should ensure there is "enough space" around the position you are providing to the addBlock function. Also, keep in mind the iink will not move existing blocks.

Indeed, the iink will try to add the block around the position you are providing, and if there is not the necessary space, it will fail.

Best regards,

Olivier

Hi Olivier,

Thanks for your response.

Now i can import successfully in both "Text" and "Text Document" part.

But imported text size was too large.Can i change that imported text's Size and Color?

Hi Olivier,

I have one more doubt, is there is default delete button in editor engine?

You provide the default delete button was inside the editor engine?

Dear Kannan,

you can refet to the following topic, that explains how to set an eraser: https://developer-support.myscript.com/support/discussions/topics/16000026208

Best regards,

Olivier

Hi Olivier,

But imported text size was too large.Can i change that imported text's Size and Color?

Hi Olivier,

Dear Kannan,

did you try tuning the text styling parameters:
https://developer.myscript.com/docs/interactive-ink/1.3/reference/styling/#text

Best regards,

Olivier

Hi Oliver,

I want to convert my draw letter into the "text" in writing area while i am continuously writing.

Ex:

I have to write the sentence "Dolo 650mg".First i write the word "Dolo".It was converted into text instead of my drawing word "Dolo" while i write the next word "650mg"

I want my words are continuously convert into "Text" in writing area while i am writing word by word.(Simultaneously convert and writing)

Is that possible in MyScript SDK?If its possible how can i achieve that?

Dea Kannan,

this may be done as follows:

-At each penUP, you call the export function (e.g. using the JIIX or TEXT MimeType)

-You then have the result, which you can update in your TEXT display view.

Best regards,

Olivier

Hi Olivier,

I have already achieved what you are told?(Export function)

But actually my need was when i completed the first line and then i go to a second line the first line drawings are convert into "TEXT" type(Export that all letters and import that letters into the first line).But second line is still in the drawing mode till i have to go to the third line.

How can i achieve that?

Dear Kannan,

currently, we have no easy way for such use-case. Indeed, export shall be done when starting a new line, which is difficult to achieve.

Or you could detect by yourself when starting a new line (e.g. new stroke is "far left" from the previous stroke and "below enough" from the previous one), and call the export function. But this may be difficult to implement.

Best regards,

Olivier

Hi Olivier,

I can detect when they are stating the new line but my problem was i want to remove the only the first line and convert the first line into the "TEXT" then put into the first line instead of drawing texts.The second line remain as the drawing text mode.How can i achieve this?

Dear Kannan,

Currently, how did you implement your renderer? If similar to the one we provide in the samples, then we update the layers in the "onDraw" function of the LayerView class.

One idea I came up with is that you decide by yourself when updating the "MODEL" layer (you update the onDraw function accordingly), i.e. call the renderer.drawModel when you want to display the "TEXT" one first line.

Let me know if this helps.

Best regards,

Olivier

Hi Olivier,

Ok Olivier, we will implement that feature in my next version of our app.I have one more doubt olivier.

I want to insert the writing view in my "UITableviewCell" But if i implement that it throughs the error "Container Views cannot be placed in elements that are repeated at runtime."

How can i insert writing view(Container View) in my UITableView. 

Is there is anyway to achieve that?

Hi Olivier,

Ok Olivier, we will implement that feature in next version of our app.I have one more doubt olivier.

I want to insert the writing view in my "UITableviewCell" But if i implement that it throughs the error "Container Views cannot be placed in elements that are repeated at runtime."

How can i insert writing view(Container View) in my UITableView. 

Is there is anyway to achieve that?