Text

Answered

Delete Gesture

Hello,

Do we have any way to identify that a delete gesture has occurred?

Thanks

Best Answer

Dear Olivier,

Thanks for the reply. You have correctly identified our use case. We will switch to export and set a periodic trigger to get new JIIX file and compare the two files to identify changes and take appropriate actions. 

Warm Regards,
Pankaj

Dear Pankaj,

thank you for your question.

Currently, we do not have any "gesture listener" or similar that would allow to detect when a gesture occured.

Even using the contentChanged function, checking the difference in between 2 JIIX files is not recommended, as the function is called a lot and this solution would not be accurate.

What is your exact use-case? Maybe we could think of another way to proceed.

Best regards,

Olivier

Dear Olivier,

Thanks for your reply. I’m going to try to explain my use case to best of my ability if it still leads to confusion, please do not hesitate to ask me again.

Building of resource file:

We have added few resource files with terminology that is used specifically in life science, the list is over 300k words.

Some words are abbreviation which are commonly used in life science for example:

PVD - PERIPHERAL VASCULAR DISEASE

OSA - Obstructive sleep apnea

Our Use Case:

We want to take specific actions when iink detects these words/abbreviations in real time and maintain them against the case number.Possibility: A user could also add the same words multiple time when putting together a single document.Point to be noted: Words that do not belong to our resource file doesn’t hold much value.

Now, in case user deletes these keywords or modify them (in some cases we have seen iink modifies words when a nearby word is modified or a new word is added), we want to be able to capture these changes and reflect them in our data structure as well.

I would really appreciate if you could help us identify a way to achieve it.

Warm Regards,

Pankaj

Dear Pankaj,

thank you for the explanation.

I better your use-case, and the idea was that when an erasure gesture was detected, you check terms such as PVD or OSA were not erased, and if the case, then you store the change or something like that?

Currently, do you happen to export the result? If so, is it in JIIX or TEXT? Or do you have a way to trigger a result change (e.g. export each second)?

Indeed, the idea would be that you compare the exports, and check if the result (JIIX or TEXT) changed in between 2 exports and the terms such as PVD or OSA no longer appear in between  (e.g. you export every second, and check the difference in between 2 exports).

Indeed, apart from this, I am  afraid we have no other alternative, as using the contentChanged to trigger to export will really slow down the application and therefore cannot be used.

Best regards,

Olivier

Answer

Dear Olivier,

Thanks for the reply. You have correctly identified our use case. We will switch to export and set a periodic trigger to get new JIIX file and compare the two files to identify changes and take appropriate actions. 

Warm Regards,
Pankaj