Interactive Ink

Answered

Combine two alphabets for letter recognition in iink sdk

Hello there,

I am currently working on a digital form with the interactive Ink SDK under iOS. Due to the geographical location I need the possibility to recognise German and French characters from the alphabet. Currently it seems that only one alphabetical knowledge is possible. It is not necessary to combine the entire German and French lexicon, only the letters must be recognised. For example: The French alphabet contains "Á", "À" and "Â", which the German alphabet does not contain. But the German alphabet contains "Ä", which the French alphabet does not contain. I am working with the German lexicon and have now added a custom lexicon with French letters to recognise a few French words. Since we can only recognise German letters, for example, the word "Bèchamelsauce", which is in the custom lexicon, is not recognised because the engine does not recognise the letter "é". If we use the French AK, the word "Bärentatze" is not recognised, because the engine does not identify the letter "ä".

Now to my question: Is there a way to combine the German and French alphabets in a "Custom AK" so that the engine recognises the letters "é" and "ä"?

I already tried the Dutch alphabet, but there are a few letters missing, so the result is not optimal.

thank you guys

Best Answer

Dear Christoph,

thank you for contacting us and the interest you show to our technology.

We currently understand your use-case: you would like to recognize letters that do not belong to a language, e.g. have a big "latin letters" language.

Unfortunately, we do not have such thing at present. I am therefore afraid we have no solution to answer  your use-case.

Best regards,

Olivier

Answer

Dear Christoph,

thank you for contacting us and the interest you show to our technology.

We currently understand your use-case: you would like to recognize letters that do not belong to a language, e.g. have a big "latin letters" language.

Unfortunately, we do not have such thing at present. I am therefore afraid we have no solution to answer  your use-case.

Best regards,

Olivier

Hi Olivier,

thank you for you quick reply. i'll see that I can develop a work-around for my use case.