iink SDK on Device

Answered

[iOS] When is a license consumed?

There's an FAQ for in-device recognition that says: "What happens when your app is reinstalled? No new license is used up unless a factory reset is performed on the device."

Unfortunately this is not what happens, at least on iOS. Every time we delete and reinstall our app, a new license is used.

How do you exactly keep track of the devices where a license has been consumed?

Thanks

Davide

Best Answer

Dear Davide,

thank you for contacting us.

Currently, our licence system was heavily tested on iOS, and here are the reasons that can cause a new license to be discounted:
-The bundleID of the application was changed
-The TeamID was changed
-The keychain was erased

Did you do one of the above? Indeed, I just had a look to the dashboard attached to your account (your email address), and did not see any recent peak? Are you using another account?

Thank you,

Best regards,

Olivier

Answer

Dear Davide,

thank you for contacting us.

Currently, our licence system was heavily tested on iOS, and here are the reasons that can cause a new license to be discounted:
-The bundleID of the application was changed
-The TeamID was changed
-The keychain was erased

Did you do one of the above? Indeed, I just had a look to the dashboard attached to your account (your email address), and did not see any recent peak? Are you using another account?

Thank you,

Best regards,

Olivier

Dear Davide,

was the below information of help? Did you change one of the above parameters?

Waiting for your update,

Best regards,

Olivier

Hi Olivier and thanks for your answer.

I looked a bit more on that, and I think the reason is that I was testing on the simulators. I'm not able to reproduce the issue on a real device.

So it's not a big problem for us if this happens only on simulators.

Just a consideration about using keychain to store the license: it's not documented by Apple that the items stored in the keychain persist after reinstall. Anyway, for now it works just fine.

Thanks

Best regards

Davide

Dear Davide,

thank you for the update.

Indeed, there may have differences in between simulators and "real devices". I am then glad it is working.

Feel free to contact us if you have any question.

Best regards,

Olivier