General questions

Answered

Building MyScript into my own integration

Hi, I'm fairly new to programming. I am trying to integrate MyScript into a pure C# console app using visual studio. I installed MyScript.InteractiveInk.Wpf nuget packages and I see that some .dll has been loaded into the solution dependencies but I can't seem to call the namespaces like in the examples. I wonder if there is any detailed guide on how to make a C# console app with MyScript.
Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

Dear Phương Đoàn Duy,

this looks like the MyScript.IInk.dll has not been added as a reference in your project.

This is more a Visual Studio basic issue than a MyScript issue. Please look for tutorials on the internet that will explain how to settle your own C# wpf project.

Best regards,

Olivier

Dear Phương Đoàn Duy,

Thank you for contacting us.

If I understand well, you would like to use our technology in batch mode, and create your own C# WPF program?

With Visual Studio, the easier is that you start creating a "console program". You should find tutorials on the internet. I also recommend you "git clone" our samples that will provide a first overview: https://github.com/MyScript/interactive-ink-examples-wpf

At the following link, please also find a C# file, that shows how to process a "simple ink file" with our iink: https://myscript.filecamp.com/s/s6rdMt2IzaaCHgUg/d

Best regards,

Olivier

1 person likes this

Thanks for replying,

The only problem I am currently having is after installing MyScript.InteractiveInk.Wpf Nuget packages through Visual Studio Nuget package manager, I can't immediately use the "using" keyword to import the MyScript namespace like in the example. Am I doing anything wrong?

Answer

Dear Phương Đoàn Duy,

this looks like the MyScript.IInk.dll has not been added as a reference in your project.

This is more a Visual Studio basic issue than a MyScript issue. Please look for tutorials on the internet that will explain how to settle your own C# wpf project.

Best regards,

Olivier

1 person likes this

Yes, I managed to use MyScript API now. Thanks for the help. Much appreciated