General questions

How to retain Myscript Licence for the Uninstalled users of my app as they will not use the Myscript stylus anymore.

Hi,

We have a app in which we are using MyScript stylus.

Many user of the app are installing the app and using it for once and they are uninstalling the app. 

In this process the user are using the Myscript stylus for few times. But our licences for Myscript stylus are shown as consumed even after the user uninstall our app.

So, What are the options to retain my Myscript Licence from the Uninstalled user of my app. 

Because if i see the app statistics, ex:- we have 1000 install and 800 uninstalls but i have to pay for all the 1000 Myscript licences as only 200 users are using my app with stylus.

Please let me know different options on this on how to reduce my Myscript license cost, if user uninstalled the app.

Thanks,

ThirdLeap Team.

1 Comment

Hi,

We do not have access to the information that an application was uninstalled (this is managed by the application stores).

You may limit the number of consumed licenses by only instantiating the MyScript engine when a user wants to try the recognition. That way, people who never try will not cause a license to be consumed. If it only matters to people using a stylus, you may push it forward only in the case a stylus is detected. Finally, if you estimate that it is an advanced feature, it may also offered as an in-app purchase. If your volumes are significant enough, we may also investigate alternative business models, as described in our pricing page.

Best regards,

Thomas

Login or Signup to post a comment
  • Support
  • Forums
  • General questions
  • How to retain Myscript Licence for the Uninstalled users of my app as they will not use the Myscript stylus anymore.