Math

Answered

Recognization change after convert.

Hi team 

I'm interested in math recognization on android. I have two questions, 

1) The math recognization is not kept the same. I handwrite  \int_{0}^{\dfrac{pi}{2}}  and its recognized well but after click convert again it become  \int_{0}\dfrac{pi}{2}. and That happens as I guess bcz the exponent is placed in the middle not at the top (see pictures). How can I fix that please?

2) Some symbols are not recognized because they don't exist  here like prime in mathematics $\prime$. I know how to limit the recognization to some symbols but can I add new symbol recognization?

Best Answer

Dear Youcef,

Thank you for your update.

If you want to import some Math content, the only supported format is the JIIX format (https://developer.myscript.com/docs/interactive-ink/1.3/overview/import-and-export-formats/). The LaTeX import is currently not supported.

So if you want to be able to re-import some math content, you should export it in JIIX format, and then re-import it in JIXX.

Best regards,

Gwenaëlle

Dear Youcef,

Thank you for contacting us.

To answer your questions:

1-We are a bit puzzled by this behavior: are you adding a stroke in between both convert? Is the solved enabled? Is there any change? ...?

Indeed, we tried to reproduce but were not able to. In between both convert, if nothing is added, the result should normally not change. Would you have a video? Is it possible to have the strokes (x and y coordinates)?

2-Adding a symbol cannot be done easily, as it implies a collections, adding it to our neural networks, tune it... It is therefore not possible to add new symbol for end-users.

Best regards,

Olivier

Dear Olivier,

Thank you for your reply.

First I apologize because this behavior happens after loading "import" math text, not handwriting. I did add nothing but the result changed. The solved is not enabled. I made a video about that please check the following  video.

Best regards,

Youcef.

Best regards,

Youcef.

If it possible I would like to suggest that using \frac instead of \dfrac in the exponential.
Answer

Dear Youcef,

Thank you for your update.

If you want to import some Math content, the only supported format is the JIIX format (https://developer.myscript.com/docs/interactive-ink/1.3/overview/import-and-export-formats/). The LaTeX import is currently not supported.

So if you want to be able to re-import some math content, you should export it in JIIX format, and then re-import it in JIXX.

Best regards,

Gwenaëlle