Text

Android SingleLine Widget: Swithing between keyboard and handwriting mode

is it possible to switch between keyboard and handwriting mode if I use MyScript's singleline widget?, if I have to support 20 language do I have embed 20 language files with in application?

Yes you can integrate the single line text widget in a standard keyboard and add a button to switch between keyboard and handwriting. About languages, it is not mandatory to embed all the resources files, they can also be downloaded on an external server.

Can you please post the code to switch between normal and handwriting keyboard,

is it like a method that should be called on all instance of 'com.visionobjects.textwidget.sample.view.CustomEditText' or can we control it globally like calling a method on certain single object that make the whole application switching between normal and handwriting keyboard.

Thank you.

The en/disabling of the input method pop up is done per EditText widget. You cannot control it globally but you can extend the EditText like with CustomEditText and override the EditText#onCheckIsTextEditor API to make it return true or false, depending on you want to get the default input method or not.

Login or Signup to post a comment
  • Support
  • Forums
  • Text
  • Android SingleLine Widget: Swithing between keyboard and handwriting mode