Text

Is it possible to use a raster image such as PNG or JPEG as input for handwriting recognition?

I've taken a brief look at the demo and docs for web and it seems like only live input on canvas is supported. What I would like to do is upload an image and have handwriting recognition performed on that. Is this possible?

1 person has this question

Dear Ian,

thank you for your question: Indeed, our solution can only recognize x and y coordinates from devices such as digital pen, touch screen... scanned images can not be recognized: https://developer-support.myscript.com/discussions/topics/16000007713

Best regards,

Olivier

Thanks for your reply. How about an svg image?

Dear Ian,

If your SVG file contains enough points for each stroke and the pen up information, you could give a try, extracting the X and Y coordinates from the SVG file and then provide these to our solution.

Best regards,

Olivier

Hi Olivier, I was wondering if you could give some more detail about your remark above concerning providing the X and Y coordinates to the solution. I have a scanned image containing an equation, and I'd like to use your tool to convert it into LaTeX code. Suppose I was able to extract from my image, a sequence of strokes used to produce this image. If I had this data, how specifically could I use your API to simulate drawing the image on your canvas, thus producing the LaTeX code?

I'd be grateful for any advice you could give me concerning this.

Dear Raghav Prabhu,

in case you have the Strokes, you can then use the "addStroke" function of the MathWidget (see the API documentation of the MathWidget or below).

This way, you should be able to get the recognition result and LaTex.

Best regards,

Olivier

void addStroke(List<com.myscript.atk.core.CaptureInfo> points)

Adds a stroke to the MyScript document model.

Parameters:
    points - Points of the stroke.

struct CaptureInfo
     {
     float x;   // x coordinate
     float y;   // y coordinate
     float f;   // f pressure
     float w;   // w width
     int64_t t; // t timestamp (millisecond)
     };

Login or Signup to post a comment
  • Support
  • Forums
  • Text
  • Is it possible to use a raster image such as PNG or JPEG as input for handwriting recognition?