iink SDK Web

Answered

Handling multiple values in editor

Hi Team,

We are making math-problem 'web'-app, handling multiple answers in a page, using myscript.

These are what I tried.

1. REST, with multiple editors

=> It works but it's too slow to wait for exported values.(We need to get the values that user wrote instantly- such as smartguide)

2. Socket, with multiple editors 

=> It also works, but first connection with myscript takes too long.

3. Socket, with one editor

=> Hard to get x, y location of what user wrote, and export method give the result of whole editor writing so it is hard to distinguish a recent part from the whole writings.

We prefer to have one editor because it helps user to doodle anywhere.

Could you give me any suggestions or advices?

Thank you!

Best Answer

Dear Dawoon,

thank you for the explanation.

Indeed you are right, for such use-case, the best approach we would recommend is the number 2, i.e. have one editor per-field. As this alternative has limitations due to the connection time, I am afraid we do not have any other easy alternative to offer.

Otherwise, did you give a try to our native solution? With the latter, you willl not face the connection time issue.

Best regards,

Olivier

I also tried export.jixx.bounding-box: true in configuration but it was still very hard to get a part of writings.

Dear DD H,

thank you for contacting us.

First, regarding the connection taking too much time, this is sometimes noticed.
Would you have some firewall that could make the connection takes time to settle?
We cannot do much for this as it is not on our side. Otherwise, you can try to use our native iink SDK.

Currently, we are not sure to understand what you are trying to achieve. You say you want the user to doodle anywhere, but would like to have several editors, meaning you have some kind of form?

If you want to deal with several editors, you can refer to the multiple inputs fields sample, that uses 2 editors:
-https://myscript.github.io/MyScriptJS/examples/#v4-ws
-https://myscript.github.io/MyScriptJS/examples/v4/multiple_inputs.html

Feel free to explain your use-case, so that we may provide with a more accurate answer.

Best regards,

Olivier

Hello Oliver,

Thank you for the reply, and sorry for not explaining details about my use-case.

I draw simple explanation about my app, and I hope it will help for you to understand.

- Square Inputs are the space that the myscript editor should be located,

- Circle Inputs are the result of hand writings, such as  smart-guide or converted

I tried the multiple inputs example which use only 2 editors that you recommended, but the app that I want to make should keep all hand writings so only 2 editors is not suitable for my case.

Also as I mentioned in my drawings, I want other spaces(except inputs) to use as doodle areas so one editor would be perfect in my case.

So I think the best solution is, using just one editor and get the exported results seperately so that I can put the results on each circle area.

but when I tried, it was hard because editor exports the results all together(all strokes in editors), and it is hard to get x, y location seperately even using export.jixx.bounding-box params.

Could you give me a solution to get the exported results sepereately, or any other good ideas about this app?

Thank you so much!!

Dawoon

Answer

Dear Dawoon,

thank you for the explanation.

Indeed you are right, for such use-case, the best approach we would recommend is the number 2, i.e. have one editor per-field. As this alternative has limitations due to the connection time, I am afraid we do not have any other easy alternative to offer.

Otherwise, did you give a try to our native solution? With the latter, you willl not face the connection time issue.

Best regards,

Olivier