iink SDK on Device

Answered

Ignoring finger/palm input

Hi,

I am using Android. 

I wanted to ask if we are using a stylus, and I  use the getToolType function of Android, to determine if a MotionEvent is finger, stylus.But  event.getToolType always  return -

MotionEvent { action=ACTION_DOWN, actionButton=0, id[0]=0, x[0]=346.2767, y[0]=334.0797, toolType[0]=TOOL_TYPE_FINGER, buttonState=0, metaState=0, flags=0x0, edgeFlags=0x0, pointerCount=1, historySize=0, eventTime=707131941, downTime=707131941, deviceId=4, source=0x1002 }

I want to ignore inputs if our palm touches the tablet.But I did not recognize stylus .

Regards,

Mangal

Best Answer

Dear Mangal,

Thank you for contacting us and your question.

Currently, we are a bit puzzled the stylus is recognized as TOOL_TYPE_FINGER. Either it is an issue with your pen or you are using an old version of Android.

The idea is that any event that is not recognized as finger is rejected, so that you can reject "palm/finger" events.

You then understand nothing can be done on our side to have palm rejection in this case.

Best regards,

Olivier

1 Comment

Answer

Dear Mangal,

Thank you for contacting us and your question.

Currently, we are a bit puzzled the stylus is recognized as TOOL_TYPE_FINGER. Either it is an issue with your pen or you are using an old version of Android.

The idea is that any event that is not recognized as finger is rejected, so that you can reject "palm/finger" events.

You then understand nothing can be done on our side to have palm rejection in this case.

Best regards,

Olivier