iink SDK on Device

Answered

invalid target block

Dear Olivier,

I want to save my drawing stokes as drafts and reedit it later before convert it.

So  I export it as JIIX, but when i import my data as JIIX to a new Block, it not working with error "The operation couldn’t be completed. Error, -[IINKEditor import_:data:block:error:]::618 invalid target block".

How can i save a stokes draft which can import to a new block to update ?

Thanks!

Best Answer

Dear Xiaoming Jin,

Thank you for your question.

When it comes to textual data, JIIX import is so far limited to text word candidate changes as explained here. This is probably the reason why you are getting the 618 invalid target block error.

In order to import raw ink content, you can instantiate an editor and pass it an array of pointer events. Please check this paragraph.

But I am not sure this will meet your expectation. In fact depending on your use case, you might rather consider saving the package containing the part with the ink in order to be able to later reload it. Please check the details on this page

Best regards,

Gwenaëlle

Answer

Dear Xiaoming Jin,

Thank you for your question.

When it comes to textual data, JIIX import is so far limited to text word candidate changes as explained here. This is probably the reason why you are getting the 618 invalid target block error.

In order to import raw ink content, you can instantiate an editor and pass it an array of pointer events. Please check this paragraph.

But I am not sure this will meet your expectation. In fact depending on your use case, you might rather consider saving the package containing the part with the ink in order to be able to later reload it. Please check the details on this page

Best regards,

Gwenaëlle

Thanks Gwenaelle,

I try to get history string array from a package part metadata according details on this page

but i got an error `The operation couldn’t be completed. Error, -[IINKParameterSet getStringArrayForKey:error:]::243 no such entry`

Dear Xiaoming Jin,

Thank you for your update.

In order to be able to load later on the history, you have to save it yourself in the metadata when saving your package, as described in the saveContent example

Check also the saveHistory method of the example.

You must also populate the history with your own data. (an example is given here ).

If this does not help you fixing your issue, please share with us the code where you save, load and populate your history metadata.

Regards,

Gwenaëlle